After you complete your college application essay, it is a good idea to show it to your parents and family, teachers and neighbours to take their advice. However once you take their advices and receive positive response from them, itâ€™s not the end. Still sit down with your essay read it several times and think how you can improve it further. Following points will help you to improve your easy-
1) Reading essay loudly will help you to get rid of flows. It is a very effective technique. Many a times reading out to yourself even for several times does not bring out the errors which reading out loudly can bring out. You can also tell somebody else to read it loudly for you. While they read, you can take some notes.
2) Opening of the essay is most important, as it will drag readers to read further. It should crispy and short. You can ask reader some question that will have answer in the body of the essay. Besides, you can also build readerâ€™s interest through interesting quotes, crazy statistics or some provocative statements. Apart from grabbing readerâ€™s total attention to the essay, the opening will also help you to obtain extra marks.
3) While reading through the essay, change the words which have occurred quite often. Instead, you can use synonyms. Usage of same words brings dullness to the essay. Hence reader might get bored to read it. Novelty of words can make users glued to your piece of hard-work.
4) Apart from repetitive words also check grammar. Check if the sentence construction is right. Read your essay carefully and find if there is any mistake in building sentence. Form small but effective sentences that will create interest for reader.
5) Another thing to be taken care of is digression. See to it that the meaning of your essay is clear and it is clearly put forward. Avoid mentioning those points which do not support you main theme. Choose right words and convey the meaning directly.