NOTE: The questions that follow are the few actual questions that have appeared in the last year’s papers. Some modifications have been done to make them meaningful.
1. The celebrated Temple of Lord Jagannath now existent at Puri was constructed by the King of Orissa known as
Ans: Raja Ananta Varman Chodaganga Dev
2. Atish-e-Chinar is the autobiography account of
Ans: Sheikh Muhammad Abdullah
3. Which is the least corrupt nation of the world?
4. The trade related investment measures are related with…
5. This personality became the first Prime Minister of Indian Origin in Trinidad and Tobago’s. Can you name the person?
Ans: Basdeo Pandey
6. Seven sisters in business history relates to…
Ans: Major oil companies of USA
7. Rockefeller family created their fortune in…
Ans: Oil industry
8. Nobel Prize in physiology for 2003 was awarded for
Ans: MRI related work
9. Fresco ceiling of Sistine Chapel was painted by…
10. What was world’s first synthetic drug made by a German scientist?
Ans: Acetylsalicylic acid
11. The largest single grass root refinery is owned by…
Ans: Reliance Industries
12. Winner of PGA Championship receives…
Ans: Wanamaker Trophy
13. Who declares the companies as sick?
14. Hutchison Whampao is headquartered at
Ans: Hong Kong
15. Which company failed in hostile takeover attempt of Indal?
Ans: Sterlite Industries
16. The name of the company that owns EVA trademark is…
Ans: Stern Stewart & Co
17. Pohang Iron & Steel Company hails from…
Ans: South Korea
18. The concept of Kanban was pioneered in…
19. Which award is given for Agricultural research?
Ans: Borlaug Award
20. Who presided over Ranbaxy Laboratories from the period 1970-1980?
Ans: Dr. Parvinder Singh
21. Economic model that provided way for the Five year plans in India was given by
Ans: P.C. Mahalonobis
22. Latest Booker Prize winning book by Allan Hollinghurst was…
Ans: The Line of Beauty