1. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam was elected as
(a) 13th President of India
(b) 12th President of India
(c) 11th President of India
(d) 10th President of India.
2. Who among the following administers the oath of the office to Chief Justice of Supreme Court
(a) Constitutional Bench of Supreme Court
(b) Preceding Chief Justice of Supreme Court
(c) President of India
(d) President with two sitting judges of Supreme Court.
3. The first-ever conviction of death sentence under section 3, sub-section (2) of the Prevention of Terrorism Act, 2002 (POTA) and under section 302 of IPC were awarded for offence of
(a) attack on Parliament of India
(b) terrorists attack in State of Gujarat
(c) terrorists attack in State of Assam
(d) terrorists attack on Assembly of Jammu and Kashmir.
4. “East Timor” gains independence in 2002 from
5. World Earth Summit was held in September 2002 at
(c) New York
6. The second most popular song of the world as voted in a poll by BBC world service is:
(a) Vande Mataram
(b) Irish Republican anthem
(c) John Lenvovis Imagine
(d) Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody.
7. Dhirubhai Ambani was the founder of:
(a) Reliance Industries
(b) Tata Industries
(c) Birla Group of Industries
(d) Mafatlal Group of Industries.
8. Mr. Narendra Modi led BJP secured 126 seats in
(a) 182 member Assembly in Gujarat
(b) 172 member Assembly in Gujarat
(c) 192 member Assembly in Gujarat
(d) 162 member Assembly in Gujarat.
9. NDC in relation to 10th Five Year plan 2002-2007 abbreviates for
(a) National Defence Council
(b) National Development Council
(c) National Drugs Commission
(d) National Dis-investment Commission.
10. Lt. Gen. N.C. Vij took over as
(a) Chief of Navy
(b) Chief of Air Force
(c) Chief of Army
(d) Chief of both Army and Navy.
11. European Union Emerges as the Largest Market of the World on 13th December 2002 because:
(a) ten new countries joined
(b) twenty new countries joined
(c) fifteen new countries joined
(d) twelve new countries joined.
12. The Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) which proved the Stock Market Scam was headed by Mr. Prakash Mani Tripathi. The report was
(a) constituted in April 2001 presented in December 2002
(b) constituted in April 2002 presented in December 2002
(c) constituted in August 2002 presented in December 2002
(d) constituted in October 2002 presented in December 2002.
13. First human clone was born on
(a) 26th December 2002
(b) 27th November 2002
(c) 22nd November 2002
(d) 21st December 2002.
14. The present Solicitor General of India
(a) Mr. Soli J. Sorabjee
(b) Mr. Kirit N. Raval
(c) Mr. Jana Krishnamurthi
(d) Mr. G.B. Pattnaik.
15. Justice V.N. Khare who became the 33rd Chief Justice of Supreme Court succeeded
(a) Justice G.B. Pattnaik
(b) Justice B.N. Kirpal
(c) Justice S.P. Barucha
(d) Justice J.S. Verma.