Common Admission Test (CAT 2009) for MBA Admissions in Indian Institutes of Management in 2009 will be held on November-December 2009 below are corresponding details.
Starting date CAT Vocture Sale: 31 August 2009
Last Date of CAT vocture Sale: 1st October 2009
Exam Date: 28th November 2009 to 7th December 2009
CAT 2009 Notification(Common Admission Test)
CAT has become one of the most competitive exams to judge the potential of the candidates willing to pursue their career in business administration.
CAT 2009 to be Online
The new computer-based test (CBT) will be embraced by IIMs across Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Kolkata, Indore, Kozhikode, Lucknow and Shillong, and will allow students to select a date convenient to them from a specified period of 10 days. The new system is also expected to help the IIMs cope effectively with the increasing number of candidates every year. While around 95,000 candidates took CAT in 2003, the number rose to about 250,000 last year, reflecting a growth of over 163% and bringing the administrative system under severe pressure. With the online test, CAT will be similar to the GMAT test in its process.
Hereâ€™s the gist of information that the IIMs have released till date:
* The CAT will be held online for the year 2009.
* Prometric ETS has been awarded the contract for conducting the test.
* CAT 2009 will be conducted over a period of 10 days.
* Relevant details regarding the structure and the conduct of the examination to be released with the advertisement.
* Mr Subhashish Gupta, admission chairperson IIMB has said that the possibility of CAT 2009 being computer adaptive is quite remote.
* In all probability there will be 3 tests in a day. This means that there will be 30 tests over a period of 10 days.