Most Management Institutes extend programmes based on the variety of subjects with individual variations.
The unique feature of the IIMs is the flexibility of options in the courses offered in the second year; in most other institutions, students must choose an area of specialization and take all the courses offered in that area.
Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur, conducts a two-year postgraduate programme in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations (PM & IR) as well as a two-year postgraduate programme in Business Management (BMD).
Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), conducts a two-year postgraduate programme in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations (PM & IR) as well as a two-year postgraduate programme in Business Management (BMD).Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), New Delhi, offers a prestigious course highly-rated by the employment market, as are the courses offered by Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai; Bharatidasan Institute of Management,Trichy etc.
Specialised Institutes: Some Institutes offer specialized courses. Students interested in pursuing such careers can join institutes like:
* Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) - Offers a Masterâ€™s Programme in International Business.
* Institute of Rural Management (IRMA), Anand - Offers Post Graduate programmes in Rural Management (PGDRM), and Development. Placement may be in National and International co-operatives, voluntary agencies etc., connected with rural development.
* Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai - Conducts Diploma programmes in Personnel Management and Hospital Administration which is rated very highly by the industry.
* Post Graduate Programme in Agri-Business Management (PGP-ABM)IIM, Ahmedabad - offers a programme for specialization in Agri-Business Management for students interested in rural and agricultural management.
* Post Graduate Diploma in Computer-Aided Management (PGDCM) IIM, Calcutta - offers a specialized course in Computer-Aided Management (PGDCM).